Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete test-amd64-i386-xl

On 09/08/2011 11:12, "Ian Jackson" <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete
> test-amd64-i386-xl"):
>> Is it certain this isn't just hitting the problem fixed in
>> 23742:50ddc200a60c?  Given the log fragment you provided yesterday,
>> it didn't look like that was related to the change pointed out here.
>
> I think it is exactly hitting that problem.  However, that problem
> masked the other bug which was presumably introduced somewhere in
> between.  If you didn't introduce regressions you wouldn't be blamed
> for regressions :-).
>
> Sadly this means we can't easily see when the other bug was
> introduced.  I will see if I can do the bisection by hand, applying
> 23742 to each commit.

If the bug is almost certainly between 23736 and 23741 inclusive, then it
*has* to be one of 23736/23737. Which are both by the same author (Jinsong
Liu @ Intel) and both concern machine-check support: quite vendor-specific
and high risk for breaking other vendors. So you can just confirm it's one
of those two and then punt the problem to Jinsong...

 -- Keir