Re: [Xen-devel] Debugging a weird hardware fault.

On 28/07/2011 20:53, "Andrew Cooper" <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My questions to the Xen community are:
>
> what (if any) new tasks get scheduled when a XENPF_enter_acpi_sleep is
> in action, and more generally, how can I go about debugging which tasks
> are being run.

By the time you get to time_suspend(), you are running on CPU0, all other
CPUs are offline, all domUs are suspended, and IRQs are disabled. There's
not much scope for unexpected interruptions unless it's an NMI or SMI.

By that point the serial subsystem is in synchronous mode, rather than
interrupt-driven, so it's no wonder it continues to work.

 -- Keir