Re: [Xen-devel] Proposed patches for Linux 3.1 kernel.

On 07/21/2011 10:59 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 04:43:59PM +0200, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>> Thursday, July 21, 2011, 4:17:15 PM, you wrote:
>>
>>> The 3.0 is suppose to be released today, or perhaps tomorrow.
>>> For 3.1 kernel we have this long list of features and bug-fixes that we are
>>> going
>>> to ask Linus to pick up:
>>>  - VGA text support. Since Xen is the first payload on the bootloader it
>>> gets the
>>>    screen information - now with this patch we can copy it from the
>>> hypervisor
>>>    and enjoy 80x25 old-school text output.
>> I assume this one will be proposed for 3.0.1 stable as well ?
> Sadly no - it is considered a feature - and those (as I understand, maybe I am
> incorrect?) don't go on the stable wagon.

Eh, I think its probably fairly justifyable for stable, since its
completely self-contained and can't cause any regressions.  Its akin to
adding a new driver.  Wouldn't want to argue it for a late -rc, but
stable backport is probably OK.

> The vga patch is self-contained in here: http://darnok.org/xen/vga.patch if
> you would
> like to patch your 3.0 kernel. Keep in mind - that you can still run stock
> 3.0 - with Xorg,
> frame-buffer support (KMS), or with serial output.

What git branch is that on?