Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with Xen 4.1 on Ubuntu 11.10 ( Oneiric Ocelot) (HVM DomUs crash)

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 09:22:13AM -0700, Boris Derzhavets wrote:
> Alpha 2 already has Xen 4.1 packaged and ready for testing.
> It appears to be known bug that HVM  DomUs crash at Xen 4.1 Dom0 with
> different "pvops''
> kernels ( in particular 3.0.0-5-generic Ubuntu) , but not only on Ubuntu .
> Here is report for Fedora 15 :
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/users/213049?nohighlight=1#213049
>
> Ubuntu developers are pretty sure that Xen Host will be built with no
> problems.
> Would it  be possible to issue a patch for Xen  4.1 to fix the  problem ?

Well, we can't reproduce this. You need to help us out here. How did you install
Xen 4.1? Did you uninstall the _old_ version of Xen you had on your machine? If
yes,
how?

So _which_ kernels/distros do work for you? I am really confused by your
emails (you say F15 is not working, but the thread is about F14).

> Actually two distros are affected Fedora 16 and Ubuntu 11.10 ( maybe Debian
> - here
> i am not sure )

Wait, so is F16 (rawhide) also affected?