[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Re: VGA passthrough on unstable

  • To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • From: Liwei <xieliwei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 22:23:14 +0800
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:51:55 -0700

Hello Pasi, list,
    Just to update that the ATI passthrough patch works fine on the HD
6870 (Yeah, went ahead and bought one). On the vanilla xen, it almost
works (with quirks) as a secondary adaptor (i.e. gfx_passthrough = 0).
    This is after a few hours "testing" out both setups (patch and
vanilla) using Portal 2. The game did crash once every 20 minutes or
so using the vanilla xen, but was absolutely stable using the patch.
3DMark05 gave a score of about 18400 in both setups, which seem
congruent with the scores from this graphics chip.
    So IMHO, if anybody wants to do graphics passthrough, definitely
go for an ATI card.