Re: [Xen-devel] Are there source codes for Xen-IB?

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 14:40 +0100, maus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a project which is make KVM use InfiniBand.
> However, since Xen can use InfiniBand through Xen-IB, I want to try to
> make Xen use InfiniBand first.
> Through that way, I think it may give me some idea about how to make
> KVM use InfiniBand.
> So, as you said, I just use "Updated defconfig to include infiniband
> driver as modules for dom0/domU" to do?
> And since I don't know how to I do first for Xen-IB, is there any
> tutorial for Xen-IB?
> Or does Xen build-in support IB currently?

I'm not sure what IB support you expect Xen to have over and above the
driver and utils support, which are functions of the dom0 kernel and
distro and not the hypervisor.

Have you got IB working on a native system? I expect that if you do that
then Xen or KVM will be able to make use of it basically for free, i.e.
configure a VIF on an IP-over-IB bridge or use a local IP-over-IB
address in dom0 for migration etc etc.

Ian.