Re: [Xen-devel] Upstream QEMU not working with Xen unstable, lacks option definitions

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can you post your actual config file?
>
> I use both vnclisten = '0.0.0.0' and serial = 'pty' in my config files
> and xl behaves as expected for me.
>
> Ian.

My first vnc config used with xm, which is taken from xen examples:

vfb = [ 'vnc=1,vnclisten=0.0.0.0,vncunused=1']

Later I found out this is not for HVM. So I change to:

vnc=1
vnclisten='0.0.0.0'

It solves the vnc problem.

As for serial, I use serial='pty', too. It works fine with qemu-dm
from xen-tools. However, it is not working when I use upstream QEMU.
The upstream QEMU doesn't write anything in
/local/domain/DOMID/serial/0/tty . If I manually write this entry, xl
console will work as expected.

Also I found that HVM creating process hangs from time to time. Log reads

(XEN) HVM12: HVM Loader
(XEN) HVM12: Detected Xen v4.2-unstable
(XEN) HVM12: Xenbus rings @0xfeffc000, event channel 2

I can not reproduce this behavior. If I have further investigation, I
will report it on the list.

--
Best regards
Wei Liu