Re: [Xen-devel] how many phy cpus shoulf assigned to dom0

Hi,
Probably a better question for the xen-users list as you will get more
opinions from production users there.
In general it depends on how you are serving storage and network
resources to domUs.
If you are using iSCSI and or software RAID in dom0 to provide storage
for domUs then you should use atleast 2 cores, possibly think about
pinning them or allocating dom0 more credit weight if you are using
the credit sheduler.

Joseph.

On 4 May 2011 23:18, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 02:55:18PM +0800, yue wrote:
>> how many phy cpus shoulf assigned to dom0
>
> That depends. I am actually running with all cpus, but then this is
> development machines.
> In production I think the idea is one or two - depending on your workload.
>>
>> thanks

Kind regards,
Joseph.
Founder | Director