Re: [Xen-devel] on starting HVM-domU whole system freezes with "soft lockup - CPU X stuck for XXs! [qemu-dm:...]" [xen 4.0, xen 4.1]

Hi Konrad,

thank you.
I've read in a small howto that touching the virtual disk is enough. So it isn't, I've filled it not with 2048MBytes. I have now attached the virt-install command (i hope this is what you expect by ".xm"). Also I discovered now a behaviour: only initializing the vm needs so much time and stalls the machine, as soon as I can see i.e. the boot-screen from the iso the dom0 is back. The initialisation needs nearly 5 minutes (so wairing and hoping this 5 minutes ;) ). I can see in "Bios"-Bootscreen and also in xm dmesg log IDE timeouts. Maybe they point to the reason? I've attached xm dmesg and dom0 dmesg again after creating and booting the machine with the attached command and waiting for the iso-bootprompt.

Alois