Re: [Xen-devel] Porting spice to xen

2011/4/7 Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, ZhouPeng wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have tried to port spice to Xen (Xen 4.0.1, Dom0 kernel 2.6.18).
> The current porting allows basic spice run for xen-fv.
>
> Now We are trying to port the qxl component, but it's difficult
> because of the big difference between xen-qemu and upstream qemu.
> If you enable the qxl device in our current porting(do it by setting
> 'qxl=1' in xm config file), you are most likely to get a mess screen.
> :(
>
> So any help in qxl porting will be much appreciated.
>
> Our work is shared here: http://code.google.com/p/spice4xen/
>
> It's not be a good way to port spice to xen-qemu because of tremendous
> difference. But before the Xen with upstream-qemu supported has been
> released and runs stable, it may be a choice.

I think that porting spice and qxl to the current qemu-xen tree is not
worth the effort, considering that we are very close to having xen
support in upstream qemu right now.

  Good news. How long will it be released?

Also if you don't want to wait for xen support to go upstream in qemu
you can checkout Anthony Perard's git qemu branch and work directly on
it:

git://xenbits.xen.org/people/aperard/qemu-dm.git qemu-dm-v12

--
Zhou Peng
Operating System Technology Group