[Xen-devel] Xen Performance metrics

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: <Lu.YJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 17:20:37 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 02:23:01 -0700

Hi everyone,

I am studying the Xen performance metrics.

My questions are if we can get the following metrics from Xen hypervisor interface / XEND API (XEN management API) or not ?

cpu.extra.summation, cpu.ready.summation,

disk.busResets.summation, disk.commandsAborted.summation, disk.queueLatency.average,

mem.active.average, mem.overhead.average

If no, plan to add them? or How to add them?

As I study, there are the following results about XEN performance metrics on the current XEN 4.1.0.

BTW, VMWARE hypervisor can get all the metrics below.

We can determine if the VM / host encounter the bottleneck issues using the performance metrics.

Xen (hypervisor) interface

Xen enabled kernel (drivers like balloon, network / block backend, privcmd,…)

XEN (management) API

(XEND API)

Libvirt API

CPU