[Xen-devel]qemu-dm: direct kernel boot to HVM regression

Direct kernel boot to HVM doesn't work in xen-4.0.1-testing and xen-4.1.0-
testing. In xen-3.3.1-testing, it works.
There were two patches related to this:
Daniel P. Berrange's patch:
# Direct linux kernel boot for HVM, add a fake boot sector to first disk.
# http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-12/msg00723.html
xen-3.3.1-testing uses this patch and works.

Anthony Liguori's patch:
# use option rom instead of boot sector for -kernel
# http://copilotco.com/mail-archives/qemu.2008/msg10186.html
xen-4.0.1-testing and later adopts that.
It moves load_linux part to #ifndef CONFIG_DM case only:
load_linux(phys_ram_base + option_rom_offset, kernel_filename,
initrd_filename, kernel_cmdline)
But in a usual case, CONFIG_DM is set, that part of code is never executed.
Direct kernel boot to HVM doesn't work any more. It still calls bios to find
bootable disk.

And another question:
when I tried to move load_linux outside the #ifndef CONFIG_DM check, the code
could not be built succcessfully. It complains qemu_ram_alloc is undefined
reference. Removing CONFIG_DM form xen-config-host.h and let it enter the
#ifndef CONFIG_DM part, there is same complain.
qemu_ram_alloc is defined in tools/ioemu/exec.c, but I didn't find exec.o is
built. Not very clear about the make rules of that part, any info?

Thanks,
Chunyan