Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Where to get a newer xen dom0 kernel?

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 15:35 +0100, Julio C. Ortega wrote:
> El 29/03/11 06:30, Joseph Glanville escribiÃ:
> > If you are using Xen4.X I would suggest building Jeremy's kernel from
> > his git tree. I think this is also the default kernel build with
> > Xen4.X versions.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Joseph.
> >
> > On 29 March 2011 19:42, James Dingwall <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Anyone knows if Jeremy's kernel has Dom0 support for IA64?

No, it does not.

> I managed to use a 2.6.29rc4 from linux-ia64-pv_ops as a DomU, however,
> it constantly crashes (or won't even boot) as Dom0.

The IA64 developers have not been active in the upstream (paravirt_ops)
kernels for quite some time AFAICT, even for domU.

I'm pretty sure there has been no progress made towards upstreaming ia64
dom0 support. I've not seen a single IA64 developer express an interest
in doing so and I'm afraid this isn't going to happen without IA64
developers engaging and doing the work.

You should address your ia64 questions to the xen-ia64-devel list for
maximum chance of attracting a relevant developer's attention.

Ian.