Re: [Xen-devel] How to make vfb option work in stubdom

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Bei Guan wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I have question about the vfb option in the configure file.Â
> In the Mini-OS, if the optionÂvfb = ['type=sdl'] is set, we can use the mouse
> toÂdraw color squares. But, why doesn't it
> work in the stubdom when I give the same setting? What can I do to make it
> work? Thanks.

The vfb option is for PV guests only, it is not even supposed to work
with HVM guests; on the other hand stubdoms are used for HVM guests.
So if you want an sdl window with stubdoms and an HVM guest you just
have to add:

device_model = '/usr/lib/xen/bin/stubdom-dm'
sdl=1

to your VM config file.