Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 6374: regressions - FAIL

At 16:08 +0000 on 14 Mar (1300118917), Jan Beulich wrote:
> Actually, while I don't think that this can happen, something else is
> definitely broken here: The logic can select a CPU that's not in the
> vCPU's affinity mask. How I managed to not note this when I
> originally put this change together I can't tell. I'll send a patch in
> a moment, and I think after that patch it's also easier to see that
> each iteration will remove at least one bit.

Yes, as long as the cpu selected has to be in "cpus", the loop is
definitely safe.

> Sure. Just that this code has been there for quite a long time, and
> it would be really strange to only now see it start producing hangs
> (which apparently aren't that difficult to reproduce - iirc a similar
> one was sent around by Ian a few days earlier).

Agreed; the other branch of this thread is clerly where this particular
hang is coming from.

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Xen Platform Team