Re: [Xen-devel] Merging xen/dom0/backend/blktap2 ..

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 02:39:47AM -0800, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 03:31 -0500, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 03:33 +0000, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> > > is an overall pita and I've had the pleasure several times now.
> >
> > Merging it into what? xen/stable-2.6.32.x or some newer upstream version
> > based tree?
>
> Newer upstream. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. It's certainly not a common
> operation, I was just suprised how much garbage is involved.

There is another party that is interested in doing this too, so it might
be a good idea to compare ideas. Let me ping them to see where they are.

But putting aside the blktap2 driver - what about that ugly #ifdef CONFIG_XEN
piece of code that went in the generic code. Is that gone?

I would think that the first path would be to post patches that introduce
the required infrastructure. For that thought you might want to wait when
the merge window opens and Linus starts pulling Stefano's and my tree. At that
point
a lot of the infrastructure backends should be in. Or if you like, you can
take a merge of my #linux-next and Stefano's #linux-next and use that as a base.

I've also up-ported blkback to 2.6.38 - look in devel/xen-blkback-v1 to
see what I needed to do use the M2P/P2M override mechanism.