[Xen-devel] RE: Windows7 Home, PV drivers (x32_0.11.0.238) stuck during install (image attached)

  • To: "Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk" <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:16:53 +1100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 14:17:55 -0800

> Hey James,
>
> I just installed a Windows 7 Home Premium version under QEMU
(xen-unstable)
> with a 2.6.38 dom0. Installing and running it under QEMU works quite
well.

> I decided to install the PV drivers and followed the criteria for
> allowing self-signed drivers to be installed:
>
> Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
>
> And then I tried to install the non-debug and debug version of the
> GPL drivers. The version I picked was 0.11.0.238 - and it just sits
> there doing nothing. The Windows 7 install is stock + Kaspersky
AntiVirus 2011
> +
> Everest Ultimate. Both of them (non-debug and debug) hang at the same
point.

> Any ideas what I ought to try? Where are the log files for the install
> located?

I think I've seen this once before but couldn't reproduce it. The
installer waits for all the devices to be ready before asking for a
reboot, otherwise you'll end up with the 0x7B "boot device inaccessible"
BSoD next boot.

When it is hung like that, can you go into device manager and tell me
what xen devices are loaded?

Thanks

James