Re: [GIT/PATCH 0/5] Re: [Xen-devel] unfair servicing of DomU vbd requests

On 3/3/2011 9:09 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 08:30 +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:
>  Without the round-robin servicing, unfairness to the point of starvation is
>  a distinct possibility.
Indeed. The following is a forward port of these patches from
2.6.18-xen.hg:

Thanks for working on this, Ian.

I think that this has affected me several times, as I've noticed these symptoms before (heavy disk access by a few domains, followed by several Windows domUs mysteriously rebooting) -- as recently as Wednesday, in fact. The I/O from rebooting domUs, unfortunately, makes everything even worse, often leading to further Windows domUs crashing.

I look forward to this being merged into stable-2.6.32. In the meantime, I'll monkey around with git as you described and try to get a local version working. I'm itching to test it out, since this also might explain some of the occasional the longish disk delays that I see on machines with a medium I/O load (in which the dom0 still responds normally, but one of the domUs frequently stalls waiting for I/O).

-John