Re: [Xen-devel] PoD in other (not GPLPV) drivers

  • To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:59:03 +0000
  • Cc: xen devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Durrant <paul.durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 04:00:56 -0800

We tested a wide range of memory parameters for the Citrix PV drivers
on XenServer.  I just asked the guy in charge of that, and he said
that they were able to reliably boot w2k8x32 with memory=128MiB and
maxmem=1024MiB.

I know we had to do make some changes to move the balloon driver
allocation further back in the boot process to make that happen; but
I'm not familiar with the details.  Paul would be the person to ask
about that.

 -George