[Xen-devel] blue screen in windows balloon driver

Hi:

        We've confronted the windows 2003 Blue screen when using balloon
driver.

        The blue screen has the information of "NO_PAGES_AVAILABLE", and
        Technical information:
        ***STOP: 0x0000004D (0x0002A8FB,0x0002A8FB,0x00000000,0x00000000)

        In fact we are doing the stress test on 24 windows2003 HVM on a 24G,
16core host.
        In dom0, there is a daemon process (balloond) will give memory back
to the VM who acclaim memory.
        The balloond will ensure every VM at least has 512M memory.

        Each VM is started with memory=512 maxmem=2048
        Inside each of the VM, there is two processes eat memory, each of
which will eat 1G memory.
        And the page file size configured on C:\ is init size 1536M, max
size 3072M, which I think even
        If balloond process not give back the memory back to VM, the VM can
has 512M+3072M = 3.5G virtual
        memory.

        Am I right?, if so , since our eat memory process only consume 2G
memory, h
        how could "NO_PAGES_AVAILABLE" happen?

        Also, since we enable VM writes its memory status into xenstore, and
when blue screen, it has only has 972KB memory.

        Any comments? Many thanks.