Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4 TSC problems

Both dom0 and domUs are affected by this" jump".

I expect to see something like "TSC marked as reliable, warp = 0".
I got this on newer hardware with same config/distros.

Is there a way to measure if it is a TSC warp ? to point out a cpu tsc issue ?

2011/2/24 Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>> On 24.02.11 at 12:57, Olivier Hanesse <olivier.hanesse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried to turn off cstates with max_cstate=0 without success (still "not
> reliable").
>
> With cpuidle=0, I also got :
>
> (XEN) TSC has constant rate, deep Cstates possible, so not reliable,
> warp=3022 (count=1)

This message by itself isn't telling much I believe.

> xm info | grep command
> xen_commandline        : dom0_mem=512M cpuidle=0 loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all
> dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_vcpus_pin console=vga,com1 com1=19200,8n1
>
> Keir :
>
> Using clocksource=pit :
>
> (XEN) Platform timer is 1.193MHz PIT
>
> I also got :
>
> (XEN) TSC has constant rate, deep Cstates possible, so not reliable,
> warp=3262 (count=2)

The question is whether any of this eliminates the time jumps seen
by your DomU-s (from your past mails I wasn't actually sure whether
Dom0 also experienced this problem, albeit it would be odd if it didn't).

Jan

Jan