Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 features in Linus tree

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 10:41 +0000, Rafal Wojtczuk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just noticed that vanilla linux-2.6.38-rc6 does not have pciback, nor
> netback. Does anyone know whether these two will be included in final 2.6.38?

No. rc6 is way to late to be expecting new features to go into Linux.

> More general question - can anyone venture an estimate on when all remaining
> dom0
> features will be merged into Linus tree ?

I can only speak for netback which I am targeting at the 2.6.39 merge
window. It's had a couple of rounds of review on linux-netdev already
and I think it is getting to be in ok shape so I'm hopeful.

I believe Konrad has a pciback branch but I don't know what timescale he
is looking at for merging.

If there is anything else you are keen to see go in then volunteering to
clean it up and work with upstream to get it reviewed and merged would
be the most effective way to ensure it happens.

Ian.