Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: error handling before xenstored runs

At 21:55 +0000 on 10 Feb (1297374910), Vincent Hanquez wrote:
> On 10/02/11 11:24, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > Right but this approach doesn't work with xenstored in a stubdomain.
>
> yeah I know. xenstored in a stubdom is just an experiment, when it
> become a serious feature, this argument would hold. however it's not
> going to be use in 4.1, and in any production settings.

You seem to be arguing that we shouldn't fix a bug in the kernel.  I
don't understand that.  How is it going to become a "serious feature" if
we don't fix the bugs that affect it?

In any case, I can think of three projects off the top of my head that
are using stub domains aggressively, one of which I know is using
xenstore stub domains in particular.  I'm sure there are others.

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Xen Platform Team