Re: [Xen-devel] reboot after "scrubbing free ram"

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 10:16 +0000, Bastian MÃuser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some diagnostic Info for you. Tried to get xen-4.0.1 working on
> another node of my cluster. Only difference: Newer revision of the
> Hardware. Exactly same Software Stack.
>
> Stack: Ubuntu Lucid 64bit, xen-4.0.1 from Source, selfbuilt
> linux-2.6.32.27 from xen/stable-2.6.32.x
>
> Nodes working: HP DL380G5 16GB (Intel X5460)
>
> Node not working: HP DL380G6 16GB (Intel X5550)
>
> Effect: Xen starts but dom0 Crashes immidiately after I see the message
> "Scrubbing free Ram". I attached Screenshot of the Management Processors
> Serial Port.
>
> I used the same dom0 kernel deb that successfully runs on other Nodes
> (as well on xen-4.0.1).
>
> Any ideas? I'm really stuck on this. I use XEN since 5+ years, but I
> never had that one..

Please can you convert the faulting RIP address to a line of code. e.g.
using
$ gdb vmlinux
(gdb) list *0xffff.....

Please see also "Are there more debugging options I could enable to
troubleshoot problems with Xen and/or dom0 kernel?"
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps for other debug options to
try.

Limiting the amount of memory given to dom0 (using the dom0_mem
hypervisor option) would be interesting in case this is the same issue
as Debian bug #606964.

Ian.