Re: [Xen-devel] 4.1.0rc3 page fault on boot prior to kernel loading

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 00:25 +0000, Nathan March wrote:
> On 2/1/2011 4:05 PM, Nathan March wrote:
> > I ran into this on 4.0.2 as well, posted it to xen-users a couple
> > weeks ago but didn't get any useful responses.
>
> Just an update here, switching from the 2.6.32 head to next/2.6.37 has
> solved this. Would be good to include a note about in the docs or
> release notices since the wiki XenParavirtOps page still says 2.6.32.x
> is the recommended branch.

2.6.32.x is still the recommended branch since it is the stable
maintained branch. 2.6.37+ are currently development branches. So we
really ought to try and get to the bottom of your issue.

Which exact kernel version (git sha1) are you using?

http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps contains (under "Are there
more debugging options I could enable to troubleshoot problems with Xen
and/or dom0 kernel?") further details of useful debugging options to
use.

Please can you try converting the various addresses from your stack
trace into functions / line numbers. I usually use "$ gdb vmlinux" and
then "(gdb) list *0xaddress", other people use addr2line, both options
require that you have a kernel built with debug symbols
(CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO IIRC).

Ian.