Re: [Xen-devel] Three small patches for xen-4.1.0-rc

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Three small patches for xen-4.1.0-rc"):
> On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 22:37 +0000, M A Young wrote:
> > Here are three small patches that I have applied to the Fedora xen builds
> > and I think are are suitable for xen-4.1.0.

Thanks, I have applied them.

> Thanks, I general we would prefer separate patches to be submitted
> separately rather than bundled in a single submission ("hg email" can
> help with this for large series).

I agree with Ian's comments.

> > The next patch updates a comment about NetworkManager not supporting
> > bridging in Fedora 11 to refer instead to Fedora 14.
>
> Was the NetworkManager stuff introduced in 14 and erroneously documented
> as being in 11, or was it in 11 and worked fine, or has it been
> continuously broken since F11? IOW should this comment refer to breakage
> in Fedora 11 thru 14 or something similar?

Perhaps you misread the document ?  I don't think NetworkManager can
set up a bridge at all.  So you just have to disable NetworkManager.
I clarified the wording slightly while applying the patch.

> > The final patch solve a build problem in Fedora rawhide, where rpm (4.9.0)
> > doesn't automatically supply a "provides" entry for a library unless it is
> > executable. This patch makes the libvhd and libblktap library files
> > executable (and consistent with the other libraries in xen) so that rpm
> > generates the right "provides" entries and therefore does the right thing
> > when resolving package dependencies.
>
> Ick, but apparently normal.

Shared libraries are indeed supposed to be executable.  This isn't the
only thing that can go wrong if they aren't.

Thanks,
Ian.