Re: [Xen-devel] Live migration bug introduced in 2.6.32.16?

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:21:14PM -0800, Nathan March wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It looks like a live migration bug may have been introduced in 2.6.32.16...

Whoa.. nice job figuring out what is wrong. One question: did you
try to use the git branch from Jeremy's tree as a DomU?

> Anyone have any ideas on what might be going on here or how I can
> debug it further? I'm completely stumped at this point, don't want
> to just try applying every patch in 2.6.32.16 to see which one is
> doing it. Compiling + testing all these kernels is time consuming =)

git bisect is a great tool for this. You can fetch Linus's tree and
the tools for this - takes only about a day to find the culprit.