Re: [Xen-devel] Instability with Xen, interrupt routing frozen, HPET broadcast

On 09.01.2011 21:04, Keir Fraser wrote:
Was this issue resolved? Just wondering since many people
have reported it on xen-users list..
As to my knowledge: not at all. Somehow none of the developers took care
of it.
So you can still reproduce it with latest xen-4.0-testing.hg (Xen
4.0.2-rc1-pre)
and latest xen/stable-2.6.32.x pvops dom0 kernel (2.6.32.27) ?
Interested in latest xen-unstable.hg too. With both trees frozen for 4.0/4.1
releases very soon, we should disable HPET broadcast if the bug is still
reproducible and no 'proper' fix is forthcoming from the original authors.
  -- Keir

I spend some hours testing but for some reason I was unable to reproduce the crash even with the old configuration and my own crash recipe (http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-09/msg01755.html). Quite odd.

However, pvops0 2.6.32.18 is still the latest version working at all on my systems [see large thread "Xen dom0 crash: "d0:v0: unhandled page fault (ec=0000)"].

Regards Andreas