Re: [Xen-devel] bug: kernel 2.6.37-12 READ FPDMA QUEUED

On 01/14/2011 03:53 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On 01/13/2011 04:42 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 21:53 +0000, Gerry Reno wrote:
>>
>>> Please try. Wait .. are you running this with Xen hypervisor?
>>>
>> Not yet.
>>
> Um, so why on earth are you posting to xen-devel about it then? And did
> you really not think it was worth mentioning this fact prominently up
> front?

The whole point of the exercise was to get dom0 and Xen working on this
machine.

On the way to that I found that I could not even get 2.6.37 running at
all on the baremetal.

I figured there was just some kernel switch I needed so I searched and
then posted on the xen-devel list thinking someone would know what
switch might be necessary.  But now it seems the problem is somewhat
more involved than just a simple setting.

> If you have an issue with a bare metal kernel supplied by Ubuntu then
> you should be reporting it to the Ubuntu kernel maintainers in the first
> instance.

And I have.  I found a Ubuntu bug,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/550559, that described the same
problem and posted my findings into it.  As have many others.

Sorry, if this issue was of no interest to you.