Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Freeze schedule

  • To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:36:09 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 00:36:54 -0800

On 12/01/2011 08:11, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> All the outstanding patches from before the feature submission freeze
>> are now in xen-unstable.  We hope to tag Xen 4.1.0 RC1 tomorrow,
>> assuming we get a pass and push from the automatic tests.
>
> That's the main thing - getting currently queued things pushed out
> of staging. But the latest test results look all but promising.

My suspicion is that this is due to a dom0 kernel issue. Not sure how
sensible it is to try to stabilise Xen bits against a moving kernel. Does
pv_ops have an actually stable 'stable' branch yet?

> I'm actually having one larger cleanup patch (eliminating over 300
> lines of defacto dead code) pending which I had hoped to get into
> 4.1, but which I wouldn't want to submit without having applied/
> built/run on top of up-to-date non-staging bits.

If it doesn't fix bugs or implement something new we really care about a
lot, it can wait for 4.2 development to start, I'm sure. That said I expect
you can in fact test your patch against a known-good dom0 kernel and latest
xen-unstable bits.

 -- Keir