RE: [Xen-devel] vscsi and /dev/tape/by-path

> > For disk, /dev/disk/by-uuid might be a better option, although it
> > depends on your requirements. For tape, my system /dev/tape/by-path
is
> > the only available option on my system, although I could probably
create
> > a /dev/tape/by-id path easily enough using the serial number or
> > something. by-id would allow the device to be moved across different
> > busses and still remain the same, but obviously breaks when a tape
drive
> > fails and has to be replaced, which happens fairly regularly.
>
> So could the fix you are thinking of, check both of those places?
> What would the syntax end up for the vSCSI? I presume not SCSI ID
> but now just the UUID (or perhaps the SCSI inq S/N? ?)

Well all of those entries are just symlinks back to the /dev/stX or
/dev/sdX etc device, do I don't think we need to do anything else other
than follow the symlinks. I used os.realpath() (I think that was it) and
it works fine. I was just wondering if that was the right solution.

James