Re: [Xen-devel] Just another PCI VGA passthru report

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 09:01:47AM +0100, Pavel MatÄja wrote:
> On Mon 10. of January 2011 15:32:19 you wrote:
> > > Some problems:
> > > Disk performance is poor even when I use gplpv drivers.
> >
> > As in, about the same as HVM drivers?
>
> I'll measure some numbers for you today afternoon.
>
> > > I can't read valid CPU frequency from /proc/cpuinfo
> >
> > This is in Dom0 I presume?
>
> Yes, Dom0 reports:
> cpu MHz         : 306230.313

Whoa. The timer is way off. Did you specify any specific timer clock
on the bootup line? Are you using the 4.0.1 or xen-unstable hypervisor?

> Same kernel running on baremetal (no load):
> cpu MHz         : 800.000
>
> > > I can't power computer off. It's working normaly when running non XEN
> > > kernel.

Hmm, that ought to work - unless you are using an older hypervisor.

> > Hmm, can you be more specific. Is it working when you boot the
> > 2.6.32.26-g3147caa as baremetal?
>
> Same kernel booted as baremetal turns power off just fine.
> Last message from the kernel booted as dom0 is:
> ACPI: preparing to enter system sleep state S5
> Disabling non-boot CPUs.

Hmmmm.. That does work on my boxes, so I am surprised you see this. What
do you see on the Xen hypervisor serial line if you pass in 'sync_console
loglvl=all'
You should see something from the (XEN): .. about ACPI shutdown.