Re: [Xen-devel] Crash on boot with 2.6.37-rc8-git3

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 11:11:03PM +0000, M A Young wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>
> >Ahh, I hit this. Can you try 'stable/bug-fixes' branch of mine?
> >It has "xen/irq: Don't fall over when nr_irqs_gsi > nr_irqs." patch
> >which will fix the below problem you are seeing.
> >
> >But I am not sure if it fixes the problem you are having with hardware?
>
> That fixes the kvm boot, but unfortunately booting directly on the
> hardware doesn't. Incidentally it is definitely turning debug
> options off that trigger the crash, as I realized I was building a
> kernel-debug package as well as a kernel package from the same

Ok, I think we need a serial output. I don't remember if you said that
your docking station has a serial port or not.

If the docking station does not, this card ought to do the trick:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839328018&Tpk=SDEXP15005

You can use under Xen as a normal PCI type serial card. For details:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenSerialConsole