Re: [Xen-devel] Clock jumped 50 minutes in dom0 caused incorrect 2008 R2 domU time

Which ever one of you started it: Please don't top post.

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 11:10 +0100, Mark Adams wrote:
> I can try this, but can you please confirm what these options do?

viridian=1 turns off support for the Hyper-V virtualisation
compatibility layer. Not many of these are actually supported but AFAIK
one or two are and can affect the behaviour of Win2008 (although you
would hope it was for the better!)

According to xmexample.hvm: tsc_mode : TSC mode (0=default, 1=native
TSC, 2=never emulate, 3=pvrdtscp).

Timer mode is apparently "0=delay virtual time when ticks are missed;
1=virtual time is always wallclock time".

To be honest I'm not entirely sure that those last two actually mean in
practice. Hopefully someone who understands this stuff will weigh in.

Ian.