Re: [Xen-devel] XFS support for pygrub patch

On 13/12/2010 18:06, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Marco Nenciarini wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I've ported the xfs code from grub to pygrub for our company internal use.
>>
>> If you find it useful fell free to merge with main code.
>
> Can anybody test this patch and confirm it works properly?

To help you testing the patch and auditing the code, I've attached to
this message the diff against xfs code in grub-0.97.

As stated before, the resulting fsimage.so works perfectly for me when
installed in XCP-0.5 as /usr/lib/fs/xfs/fsimage.so

Actually I've 3 Debian Squeeze machines and one Ubuntu 10.10 machine in
our testing environment booting from xfs with pygrub.

The only problem I've found is that the module doesn't compile on Debian
based system due to some bug in gcc code optimizer. On such a systems
the compiler returns the following error:

gcc  -DPIC -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -m64 -fno-strict-aliasing -std=gnu99
-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused-value
-Wdeclaration-after-statement  -D__XEN_TOOLS__ -MMD -MF .fsys_xfs.opic.d
 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
-I../../../tools/libfsimage/common/ -Werror -fPIC -c -o fsys_xfs.opic
fsys_xfs.c
fsys_xfs.c: In function ‘next_dentry’:
fsys_xfs.c:409: error: extended registers have no high halves
fsys_xfs.c:409: error: extended registers have no high halves

The problem disappear if you turn off optimization with -O0

Regards,
Marco

--
Marco Nenciarini - System manager @ Devise.IT