RE: [Xen-devel] which pvops kernel?

  • To: "Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 22:56:54 +1100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 03:58:16 -0800

> On 12/04/2010 06:03 PM, James Harper wrote:
> > I just pulled the latest changes to xen/stable-2.6.32.x and while it
> > built okay, hardly any of my raid volumes came up and I got billions
of
> > usb messages (sequential errors about device numbers that don't
exist)
> > and then a crash.
> >
> > Is stable-2.6.32.x still recommended or have we moved on to another
> > kernel?
>
> No, that's still the recommended kernel.  What changeset ID did you
> get?  What was the last kernel that worked?  Can you capture the full
> boot output?
>
> There haven't been very many changes to that kernel lately, so it
should
> be fairly easy to work out where things went wrong.

Strange thing. The raid volumes problem was an error in my mdadm.conf
that the earlier commit of 2.6.32 was apparently not sensitive to... I
didn't think that was a kernel related file. The USB problem hasn't
reoccurred, even though it happened on 3 consecutive boots earlier, with
successful boots of the older kernel in between.

James