Re: [Xen-devel] Begging for help with cloned OpenSuse 10.3 DomU on OpenSuse 11.1 Dom0

  • To: Glen <gb2@xxxxxxx>
  • From: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:44:29 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 01:47:04 -0800

Yes, the first thing you should do is upgrade to newer versions of Xen
/ kernel, if they're available through OpenSuse.

If this is the most recent version in OpenSuse, then reporting it
there is probably the best thing to do.

If you've tried the OpenSuse support channels and haven't gotten any
help there, you basically have two options:
* Move to a different supported infrastructure.  Xen Cloud Platform
should be a good choice -- it's designed from the ground up to be a
virtualization applicance, it's based on the XenServer product, and
it's actively supported by both a community and Citrix engineers.
(There are probably other good options, I'm just not familiar enough
with them to make a personal recommendation.)
* Build your own versions of Xen and Linux from the most recent stable
releases.  Xen-users should be able to help you with that; and if you
find bugs in those, this list will be much more willing / able to help
you track them down.

(This is assuming you want a fully open version.  XenServer is a good
product, and the free-as-in-beer version is very full-featured, and
also has a decent support community.)

Good luck,
 -George