Re: [Xen-devel] is a pure usermode backend possible?

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

 Hi,

Would it be possible to have a completely separate (from qemu) userspace
backend

http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-kvm.cgi/xenner/file/6b53579b4b15/blkbackd.c

That became the xen blk backend in upstream qemu later. Bitrotted a bit I suspect, probably needs some patches to work with recent xen libraries. Also you might want to re-sync the block drivers with qemu.

I had a go at updating it on Fedora 14 when I broke it by updating xen to 4.x . I managed to get it to build but I couldn't get it to work. It sounds as if it might be worth trying again.

        Michael Young