Re: [Xen-devel] [HOWTO] Running Xen 4.0 host (dom0) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6)

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 08:57:23PM +0000, M A Young wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> If you're interested in running Xen 4.0 hypervisor/dom0 on RHEL6,
>> take a look at here: http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/RHEL6Xen4Tutorial
>>
>> It explains steps needed to rebuild Xen 4.0.1 src.rpm from Fedora on RHEL6,
>
> Interesting. I did look during the betas where I could build xen on
> RHEL6, but there weren't enough dependent packages available at the time.
> I have done a quick check now, and it looks like dev86 and iasl are
> missing on i686 (which is what I was testing it on during the betas) so
> you probably can't build your package in that case. x86_64 looks like it
> might work though.
> I was looking at this from the point of view of whether it would be
> feasible to get xen into EPEL, but as it didn't seem to work I didn't
> seem to work, I didn't put too much thought into it.

Ok. I haven't tried on 32bit (yet).
I did try using beta2, on x86_64, and that worked aswell.

The important part is to enable the 'Optional' channel in RHN,
otherwise half of the required packages are not available..

-- Pasi