Re: [Xen-devel] oo_req, rd_req, wr_req... cant find any docs

  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:53:58 +0000
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:54:37 -0800

> I cannot seam to find any documentation on
> /sys/devices/vbd-<domid>-<##>/statistics/ and am trying to figure out
> what these stats represent.  From the looks of it rd_req means read
> requests.  Are these read requests that have already been completed? or
> can they be requests that are waiting/queued?

They count all requests since boot, including those for which processing has
not yet completed. Rd_req counts read requests, wr_req counts write
requests, oo_req counts the number of times that blkback paused consuming
requests because it is out of processing slots (not a massively interesting
stat to the user, probably).

> What is oo_req, all i can find on it is some comments about them being
> mysterious.
>
> Another doc I found talks about rd_bytes but i don't see that, i do see
> rd_sect which i assume is sectors.  So is this whats meant for measuring
> how much has been transferred (assuming 512 bytes per sector)?

Yes an individual read/write request can span a large number of sectors.
Rd_sect/wr_sect tells you how much data has actually been transferred.

 -- Keir