Re: [Xen-devel] fxsave, fnsave, ltr hang for guest OS.

Hi,

At 22:22 +0000 on 15 Nov (1289859751), alarson@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I understand what you are saying, but I'm confident that's not what's
> happening.  Just to be sure, I modified one of our analysis programs
> to list all the page tables and the PDT and confirmed that the page at
> virtual address 303b90 doesn't map to any of them.  In fact I verified
> that none of the present pages maps to any PT or the PDT.
>
> If not, it seems like I need to find out who is calling sh_page_fault,
> and that leads me to sh_paging_mode which seems even more of a sticky
> tar pit than sh_page_fault.  I think I should be looking at
> emulate_gva_to_mfn() and propagate_page_fault(), but I haven't spent
> enough time with the code to be sure.  If you have other ideas, I'd
> love to hear them.

I think the most useful thing, since you know the virtual address, is to
instrument the sh_page_fault() function to see which path it takes, and
in particular why it returns what it does.  Adding printks guarded by
"if ( va == 0x303b90 )" should be OK.  It would also be interesting to
instrument guest_walk_pages() for just that address, say by adding a
print_gw() call at the end.

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Xen Platform Team