Re: [Xen-devel] Re: XEN boot hangs at ACPI: PCI Root Bridge [PCI0] (0000:00)

Hello Konrad,

> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 12:20:58AM +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>> Friday, November 12, 2010, 11:19:53 PM, you wrote:

>> > You could also do PCI passthrough of your USB card to the domain..
>>
>> I'm doing that, and it works, but there are a few pitfalls:
>>     - With onboard controllers it can sometimes be hard to tell which usb
>> port ends up connected to which usb controller. Some motherboards seem to
>> connect them up rather randomly,so you never know which one to passthrough,
>> but it can differ per motherboard.

> Oh I forgot to mention. I've got the USB capture thing and I reproduced the
> problem you saw
> (with page_alloc failing). The issue was that I forgot to enable these two
> kernel optins:

> kernel.shmall = 134217728 kernel.shmmax = 134217728

> in the sysctl.conf. Once that was set it worked fine. Haven't put the xHCI
> controller in box yet
> thought.

With just buying some usb2 controllers instead of the usb3 ones, seemed to have
"fixed" my problems for the time being. :-)
There were also some more problems with XHCI, so it just hasn't matured enough.
It's only a pity (E/U/O)hci controllers under linux don't support MSI
interrupts, Greg KH seems to have reject a patch for that.
But apart from that it works fine ! (with the 2.6.37-rc1 kernel as domU but i
don't use NFS) :-)

So apart from some other things i'm quite happy :-)

--
Sander