[Xen-devel] Re: Dom0 panic on xen 3.4.3

  • To: Cris Daniluk <cris.daniluk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 11:28:50 +0100
  • Cc: Drew Jones <drjones@xxxxxxxxxx>, dwu@xxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 03:31:44 -0700

On 08/22/2010 12:27 AM, Cris Daniluk wrote:
Having the same issue with the EL5 RPM as well. Latest 2.6.18 on
xen.org seems to be a little broken. The LSI controller isn't getting
detected after the megaraid_sas module loads. The initrds look
identical between the two, so I'm assuming there is some obscure bug
that was fixed and backported into the EL5 kernel but not Jeremy's. I
suppose I can try a newer pvops kernel if you think that might be
relevant.

Seems to be fairly consistently crashing regardless of Xen version,
though. Also interestingly it seems it may be more about the VMs
starting at once htan the specific number of VMs..

Hi Cris,

I am a virtualization engineer at Red Hat. We encountered this bug recently but we are not able to reproduce it consistently. Can you do so? If so, I could try giving you a test EL5 kernel (so that you can boot) with upstream's netback driver to test it.

Thanks,

Paolo