Re: [Xen-devel] xhci passthrough

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:01:18AM +0200, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> Hi Konrad,
>
> Due to a 2.6.37-merge-window kernel now being able to boot under Xen i was
> able to test my xhci controller under dom0 which i previously couldn't.
>
> The results:
> A) 2.6.37-merge-window kernel baremetal: Videograbbing while doing 20
> iterations of make -j6 of kernel works.
> B) Xen + 2.6.37-merge-window kernel as Dom0: Videograbbing while doing 20
> iterations of make -j6 of kernel works.

Great!
> C) Xen + 2.6.32.24 pvops dom0 +  2.6.37-merge-window kernel DomU:
> Videograbbing while doing 20 iterations of make -j6  still freezes the
> machine without a trace after a short while.

Ok, so it points to the 2.6.32.24 doing something funky, which unfortunatly
does not help that much
as the xen patches that are in the 2.6.37-merge-window for IRQ are about the
same
as what 2.6.32.24 has. Thought the 2.6.37-merge-window got tons of bells and
whistles in the
generic Linux kernel code part.

These interrupts were for the MSI-X for the XHCI controller or was it legacy
interrupts?