Re: [Xen-devel] (XEN) Xen BUG at page_alloc.c:385

>>> On 19.10.10 at 14:16, Dietmar Hahn <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (XEN) Xen BUG at page_alloc.c:385
>
>     The code line is:
>         BUG_ON(pg[i].count_info != PGC_state_free);
>     Is it possible in any way that a free page is in use? Or is it always a
>     failure somewhere in the code like a multiple use of the same page?

Free pages are never in use for anything, so getting this BUG_ON()
to trigger means e.g. something modified a page's state after it was
already passed back to the allocator.

Did you check that this is not another manifestation of the problem
fixed by c/s 22135 (we have a backport of this in our tree, but it's
not clear whether yours already has this).

Jan