Re: [Xen-devel] Linux kernel summit 2010 topic: "Xen, in or out" (Greg KH)

> On 19/10/2010 10:19, "Sander Eikelenboom" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Iirc Konrad wrote he's going there..
>>> Sounds like some Xen people definitely should be there :)
>>
>>> -- Pasi
>>

>> Perhaps someone more into the hypervisor side of things (Keir?) could be wise
>> too ?

> Attendance at the kernel summit is by invitation only.

Ahh i see that complicates it a bit :-)
Although an email to Greg KH if there could be any need from responses from
within Xen on the points discussed could lead to something ?
On the other hand perhaps the kernel folks should first agree on what they
think ...

I don't know if Jeremy goes ? He seems to be on the "potential invitation list".

>  -- Keir

>> I could imagine a discussion could go to how much Xen hypervisor wise has
>> to/could change to make the kernel changes more clean and less intrusive, as
>> that seems to be the old discussion that keeps popping up from time to time.
>> It also seems people are hesitant to get the patches in mainline because
>> there
>> doesn't seems to be much of an outline of what will come after the first
>> perhaps less intrusive patches and fear there could be some crap later that
>> is
>> less easy to refuse since a part is allready in.
>> Any willingness and vision on that part could reduce the hesitation to
>> include
>> Xen patches in mainline i think.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Sander