Re: [Xen-devel] ext4 support on pvgrub

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, M A Young wrote:
It works for me of course (if it sisn't I wouldn't have submitted it). I
do have the following caveats;
1) I can't use pvgrub with the network enabled - I think it is trying some
sort of network boot and the system becomes unusably slow. This was true
before I applied the patch.
2) It didn't load the automatic configuration file. I am not sure whether
that is expected or not, but I can load it manually from the grubdom>
prompt, which didn't work before I applied the patch.

I tried again manually but I still couldn't get it to work, also (2)
is definitely not a good sign.

Ignore what I said about (2). It does work - I was telling grub to look in the wrong place by mistake. When I fix that I do get the menu.

Are you the author of the patch? If not, could you CC him to this
conversation?

I am not totally sure who the author is. As I have already said, the patch is taken directly from the Fedora grub package.

        Michael Young