[Xen-devel] Re: Xen 4.1 interrupts not delievered.

On 12/10/2010 18:17, "Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk" <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A couple of that might fix the problems are:
>
>  1). Ian's fix to the event channels:
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb?p=people/ianc/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=5d30cb2a8
> 5912ffb5f6556d55472c26801eef2ea
>  2). Disable IRQ balancing in Xen (and also in Linux kernel). "noirqbalance"
>  3). Pin domains, but nothing to Domain 0.

ITYM cpu 0. Not that this should rightly make any difference that I can see.

My suspicion would be the per-CPU IDT patches introduced during 4.0
development. Or changes to enable deep C-state sleeps by default. One or the
other causing lost interrupts. I think the latter can be discounted by
max_cstate=1 as a Xen boot parameter. The former would require trying a
build of Xen before and after changesets 20072/20073 -- they are the ones
that did the heavy lifting to implement per-CPU IDTs.

 -- Keir