Re: [Xen-devel] Has Anyone Been Able to Run PVOPS DomU Against any nVidia Chipset?

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:53:56PM -0400, John McDermott (U.S. Navy Employee)
wrote:
> Xen Developers,
>
> This has already been posted to Xen-Users, but  I got no response.
>
> Short version: has anyone been able to run a 2.6.32.18 PVOPS domU, on Xen
> 4.0.1, on Fedora 13, against any nVidia chipset? I'd like to know which
> chipset please.

I've been running it against the list in this Wiki:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPVOPSDRM

But I think you are referring to the nVidia motherboard chipset. In that case
I've run
it on some MCP55 chipset, and there are also some other nForce chipsets - but I
don't
remember the specific models.

> Long version:
>
> I have encountered what appears to be an interesting video or DRM problem
> with this combination.   Dom0 runs X11 without problems but this combination
> will not run X11 as dom U. While attempting to install Fedora 13 dom U as an
> HVM, using a 2.6.32.18 PVOPS dom0, running on Xen 4.0.1 on Fedora 13,  using
> virt-install --nographics, it reaches the point following the XML display of
> the boot guest configuration, reports an
>
> (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument
>
> error and then hangs with garbage displayed on my remote xterm console.
> (Virt-install --vnc dies also.) My serial console shows a bunch of hypervisor

Hm, remote xterm console does not require you to run Xorg on your DomU. So this
looks
tobe two different issues you are hitting.

What happens when you do 'vncviewer :0' ? Can you see the GNOME startup of your
DomU?

What kind of garbage do you see in you remote xterm console? CAn you take a
screenshot and
send it?