RE: [Xen-devel] terminology of nestedhvm

Tim Deegan wrote:
> At 10:51 +0100 on 13 Sep (1284375082), Dong, Eddie wrote:
>> Currently, the term nestedhvm is vastly used. I am curious: will we
>> support nestedPVM in future?  If not, I guess nestedvm, or nvm is
>> better. Just 2 cents.
>
> We already do support nesting PV in HVM.  I doubt we'll ever support
> PV-in-PV.

I believe so.

> I like "nested HVM"; it describes exactly what the feature does.

Mmm, I may be bias since to me VM is same with HVM. But PVM is special. HVM is
invented to distinguish with PVM only, but in nested virtualization, if we
don't have PVM, then the existing of HVM is not that high priority. But I can
follow if that is the wish.

But at least it should be nested_vcpu rather than nested HVM, since we are
talking about per VCPU stuff.
Of course nestedhvm_vcpu is fine too though it is much longer.

Or just use nvcpu, nhvm?

Thx, Eddie